Thursday, March 1, 2012

Artists' Books and Multiples on TV #2: Jason Schwartzman on Jimmy Kimmel




JK: I’m distracted by what appears to be a cheeto on your suit. Is that? That is a cheeto, isn’t it.

JS: Well it’s a piece of art. It’s a replica of a cheeto that I bought at an art store called Art Metropole in Toronto. It’s a cheeto pin.

JK: How much was that?

JS: Canadian or US?

JK: Yeah, go with Canadian.

JS: Twenty?

JK: Twenty-thousand dollars?

JS: (laughing) yeah. To me it seems like this cheeto -- this, thing screams cheeto pin, not real cheeto but I was going through security check and I wore it through the thing, and this gentleman says

"whoa, whoa, whoa, stop right there, buddy."

“Oh, my god, what?”

And he goes, “I don't mean to intrude, partner, but i, think you got a hanger on there.”

And I was like, “oh, this is just a cheeto pin.”

And he goes, “ah what?”

“A pin, it's not a real thing.”

And he goes, “oh, my god. Kyle! Ricky! Come here look at this cheeto pin.”

And I got all these security people around me staring at it. Everyone comes over and looks at it and says

“pft. Stupid”.




The pin, by Sebastian Butt (with Nathan Saliwonchyk) is available for $30 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment