Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Jenny Holzer condom



Jenny Holzer
Untitled (Expiring For Love Is Beautiful But Stupid)
New York City, USA: Self-published, 1985
2 3/8 x 2 1/4”
Edition size unknown

A latex condom packaged in a tinfoil wrapper with printed text. I bought this copy from Art Metropole (years before I worked there) for a few dollars. They were sold out of a large jar dispenser, not unlike the way they would be sold at a store like the Condom Shack. They are next to impossible to find now.

Also available, at the time, was Protect Me From What I Want. A different series, with a clear plastic package, included other truisms, including Men Don't Protect You Anymore.




1 comment:

  1. Bitcoin investment has changed my life because I invested my bitcoin with Mr Anderson Carl. He is a professional trader and he help me trade my bitcoin and he can also help you. My first investment with Anderson Carl, I profited up to $2,600 with my investment of $200 in 7 days, Looking into this week as well, what have you planned to achieve? Why not take that step now and contact Anderson Carl on whatsapp: +1(252)285-2093 Email:(andersoncarlassettrade@gmail.com)I advice you shouldn't hesitate He's great.

    ReplyDelete